1. What materials are required for the application?
Official transcript, $65 application fee, GRE scores (general GRE only, subject GRE not considered), TOEFL/iBT or IELTS scores for international applicants, personal statement, 3 letters of recommendation.
NOTE: Unofficial transcripts and test scores are sufficient for application review. Official documents will be required if an offer of admission is made to the applicant and accepted. TOEFL/iBT or the IELTS report is not needed for international applicants who are currently enrolled in/or have a Bachelor’s or higher degree from a U.S.A. university, or a country where the official language is English.
2. Are paper and online documents required?
No, if everything is submitted online, paper documents are not required. If you need to send anything by mail, the address is:
Dean of the Graduate School
Wake Forest University
Bowman Gray Campus
Medical Center Boulevard
Winston-Salem, NC 27157-1001
3. What is the application deadline?
Application reviews will begin in December. MCB highly recommends completing your application by December 15th. However, applications will be accepted until the Graduate School deadline of January 15th.
4. Is my application competitive?
The applicant pool varies each year, so this is difficult to predict. Our minimum criteria for application review are GPA of at least 3.0 and combined GRE scores of at least 1100 with an analytical writing score of at least 3.5. However, competitive applications are significantly higher than these minimum criteria.
5. How many students will be accepted for the Fall of 2013?
We anticipate around 10 matriculants.
6. How many international students are accepted each year?
The number of international students accepted varies each year and is difficult to predict.
7. Can I join the program in the Spring semester?
No, new students enter our program each fall.
8. Do you offer a Master’s degree program?
Currently MCB only offers the Ph.D degree.
9. Do I have to choose a program of study within MCB when I enter the program?
All entering students undertake the same first year curriculum. The choice of a program is made at the end of the first year.
10. Can I ask a specific faculty member to accept me into their lab?
All students enter the MCB program and choice of a faculty mentor is made through the program. Individual faculty members do not recruit students to their labs.
You may also want to check WFU Graduate School Frequently Asked Questions.